Friday, September 7, 2012

The Conventions



The Conventions

I could not listen every hour...
my ears quite soon wore out.
Apple pie and Chevrolet
get tiresome when they shout.
                    
Platitudes with attitudes
can turn what’s sweet to sour...
especially if a simple thought
is prated for an hour.

Romney and Obama
are known good family men,
but when repeated o’er and o’er
I start to count to ten.

I question all the data
oft skewed to taint the facts...
when foes react with bias
I must weigh two abstracts.

I’m faced with a decision...
the record and the pledge.
One feels his plan will work o’er time...
the other wants to use a sledge.

Visit http://allthatrhymes.squarespace.com   for more poetry by James E. Cox.


                                                                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment