Sunday, June 14, 2020

The Laureate-The Bighorn Fire


The Bighorn Fire

As fire draws near and spreads its fear
that home may end in flame,
I search my mind as now resigned
my treasures it may claim.
What can I leave with lesser grief
and what dare not be lost?
What not to save and later crave...
for so abhor the cost?
Treasures galore are held in store
in every home and heart.
Each souvenir is held quite dear
and painful to depart.
Will I despair my favored chair
if it should be consumed.
Most property I guarantee
is loved less than presumed.
What then is much too dear to me
to let kismet destroy?
Most things I own are toys outgrown…
I need not...but enjoy.
No need persists in pondering,
all toys will break anon.
It’s love alone that I may own
‘till life itself is gone.


Visit http://allthatrhymes.squarespace.com. for more poems by the Laureate.

No comments:

Post a Comment