Friday, December 28, 2018

The Laureate-Cyrano de Bergerac


Cyrano de Bergerac {Edmond Rostand}

Lessons flow from Cyrano.
I would, I could be him.
He’d brook no blow from crass ego
from those who injured at a whim.

He’d draw his sword upon wrong word
to still the haughty tongue.
He’d state in rhyme what was the crime
and after the poem...he stung.

Although his heart was filled with love,
Roxane had wed a man who died.
A loosed log rained death from above...
last words divulged her spouse had lied.

Oh Cyrano! I do, like you,
use lines that flow within my heart
to send a message to imbue
that bullies must not fear impart.
But I use quill instead of sword
and pray ink drowns them in each word.


Visit https://jim-cox.blogspot.com for more poems by the Laureate.

No comments:

Post a Comment