Tuesday, January 2, 2018

The Laureate-Sports and Me

Sports and Me

I think that God does not like sports...
or warns me that I should not play.
For I was always out of sorts...
it seemed my bones are made of clay.

A football clip reduced my knee
to something that hurt constantly.
Basketball prompted me much pain,
it would too oft my ankle strain.
I turned to golf, what could go wrong...
seems that my grip was way too strong.
I climbed the mounts; explored the caves,
found far too many too-close shaves...
all my psychoses came into play
and left me as I am this day.
I prayed to God to name a game
that I can play to earn some fame.
He said relax and write a poem
if good, begin work on your tome...
regardless, just leave Me alone.



Visit http://allthatrhymes.squarespace.com for more poetry by James E. Cox.

No comments:

Post a Comment